VUB-MOBI is hiring! We are looking for an excellent graduate to work in the field of mobility
Envisioned starting date: as soon as possible
Contact: Dr. Sara Verlinde (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Philippe Lebeau (email@example.com)
PhD research within the research centre MOBI (mobi.vub.ac.be) in the interdisciplinary domains of logistics, sustainability and urban freight transport. The research and approach will be entirely embedded within the research projects of MOBI in line with the skills and knowledge background of the candidate.
- The candidate will carry out research in the domains of sustainable (urban) logistics and socio-economic assessment.
- She/he will write research reports and valorise research results in popular and academic publications.
- She/he will present research results at workshops and conferences
- She/he will contribute to public dissemination activities
- She/he will organise workshops and conferences in line with the requirements of the her/his research project.
The candidate should have
- A Master’s Degree in Transportation, Transport Planning, Economics, Geography, Management, Commercial engineer (Handelsingenieur), Political science, Logistics, Operational Research or related discipline.
- Interest in logistics and socio-economic assessments with strong methodological skills.
- Strong oral and written communication in English are essential, good knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an advantage.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners.
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Additional software (i.e. SPSS, GIS, MATLAB, etc.) and solid statistics skills are also a plus.
How to apply?
Deadline for applications: 31/08/2020
Discuss your specific research interest and the ways in which your interests connect to ongoing research within the VUB-MOBI group.
Candidates that have not yet acquired their MSc degree can apply and participate in the selection procedure, but need to offer proof of registration in their MSc programme and need to have complied with all diploma requirements before starting their position at VUB-MOBI.