VUB-MOBI is hiring! We are looking for excellent graduates to work in the field of mobility and logistics
Envisioned starting date: as soon as possible
Contact: dr. Koen Mommens, email: Koen.Mommens@vub.be
The candidate will carry out research at the research centre MOBI (mobi.vub.ac.be) and contribute to the interdisciplinary domains of transport, sustainability and socio-economic assessment. The research and approach will be entirely embedded within the research projects of MOBI in line with the skills and knowledge background of the candidate. The goal is to complete a PhD.
- The candidate will carry out research in the domains of sustainable logistics, transport modelling and external costs evaluations.
- The candidate will work on the further development of the TRABAM freight transport model. The aim is to incorporate multiple agent-types to the model, to improve the computational performance of the model and to study applications.
- She/he will write research reports and valorise research results in popular and academic publications.
- She/he will present research results at international workshops and conferences.
- She/he will contribute to public dissemination activities
- She/he will organise workshops and conferences in line with the requirements of the research projects.
The candidate should have
- A Master’s Degree in Transportation, Transport planning, Urban planning, Urban studies, Economics, Geography, Informatics, Mathematics, Commercial engineering (Handelsingenieur), Geography, Sustainable Developmentor any related discipline.
- Interest in logistics, sustainable development and environmental assessments with strong quantitative methodological skills.
- Good qualitative research skills are required.
- Capability to work together with other researchers within MOBI and beyond, as well as the ability to work alone
- Strong oral and written communication in English are essential, good knowledge of Dutch and French is an advantage.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners.
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Good knowledge of java programming.
- Additional software (i.e. SPSS, GIS, MATLAB, etc.), solid statistics and coding language skills are also a plus.
How to apply?
Please submit a CV and a short cover letter expressing your specific research interest and the ways in which your interests connect to ongoing research within the VUB-MOBI group.
Deadline for applications: 15/11/2019
Candidates that have not yet acquired their MSc degree can apply and participate in the selection procedure but need to offer proof of registration in their MSc programme and need to have complied with all diploma requirements before starting their position at VUB-MOBI.