The position is in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The candidate will work in the research group MOBI (Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology Research Centre). MOBI is a leader in electromobility research and socio-economic evaluations for sustainable mobility and logistics. It has an international and multidisciplinary team of 100 specialists. MOBI currently participates more than 25 running EU projects.
MOBI is looking to hire a technical project manager to coordinate research activities in the field of power electronics Power Electronics (PE) interfaces and control system for Electric (hybrid) systems: Focusing on scalable power electronics converters and their integration in Vehicles. The senior researcher will manage research activities in different H2020 projects and act as work package leader.
- Monitoring and ensuring the quality of the project outputs
- Providing guidance to PhD students
- Performing as a technical manager of the activities within projects
- Meeting expectations and KPI’s set by the European Commission
- Attend project meetings and present results at dissemination activities
- A doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in technical management of projects
- Excellent scientific track record
- Skill requirements include knowledge of power electronics (i.e. DC/DC converters, charging systems, DC/AC inverters, etc.), electric machines, (hybrid) electric vehicles, control and optimization strategies and Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience in European projects is an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work both in a team and independently while carrying out complex tasks
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Competitive salary based on the pay scales laid down by the government
- Hospitalization cover
- Free use of public transport for travel to and from work
- Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus
Deadline for application: 1/12/2020
Starting date: As soon as possible
For more information:Prof. dr. Omar Hegazy Omar.Hegazy@vub.be
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to: Omar.Hegazy@vub.be and Ashleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org
- A brief CV
- Motivation letter
- Copt of the diploma from your highest degree
- Comprehensive details of academic portfolio
- At least two recommendation letters should be provided