The position is in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The candidate will work in the research group MOBI (Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology Research Centre). MOBI is a leader in electromobility research and socio-economic evaluations for sustainable mobility and logistics. It has an international and multidisciplinary team of 100 specialists. MOBI currently participates in 27 running EU projects and had 49 industrial research contracts over the past 5 years.
This position will be in MOBI’s Battery Innovation Centre (BIC). BIC has been involved in Battery characterization, modelling, thermal management research. Recently, BIC has expanded its research to incorporate battery assembly and fabrication processes, in particular, all solid-state batteries.
- Performing research activities in a newly accepted collaborative EU research project with 7 European Institutions and companies.
- Design and integration of innovative battery sensors.
- Perform and design battery experiments to acquire empirical data.
- Develop new modelling technologies to monitor battery states, using AI/machine learning.
- Identify battery degradation mechanisms through advanced sensing techniques.
- Innovate new solution of existing technical challenges.
- Publish research outcome in international peer-reviewed journals.
- You have an academic MSc degree in Physics/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Material Engineering/Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline.
- You are driven by scientific and technological challenges.
- Insight in the relevant technical field of electrochemistry is a must.
- Experience with modelling, simulations and AI/Machine learning or willingness to learn.
- Previous experience with Li-ion battery technology is an asset.
- Strong oral and written reporting skills (English).
- Team player who can work independently while carrying out complex tasks.
- A proactive, critical attitude and analytical mindset
- Competitive salary based on the pay scales laid down by the government
- Hospitalization cover
- Free use of public transport for travel to and from work
- Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus
- Young, international and challenging work environment at the cutting edge of innovative research
How to apply?
Deadline for application: 30/06/2020
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Brief resume
- A concise statement of the reason for applying
- Copy of the highest diploma