MOBI is a top-notch research group at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel that has an international reputation in the fields of sustainability assessments of electric vehicles and the energy system. It has an international multidisciplinary team of 100 specialists and currently participates in 25 running EU projects. For the management of of several environmental H2020 research projects in the energy and automotive sector MOBI is looking for a senior project manager in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
- Guidance of a sub-team of PhD researchers on life cycle assessment of electric vehicles and energy systems
- Scientific management of research projects, ensuring project quality
- Assistance in R&D activities and project development in life cycle assessment
- Setting up an LCA software development activity
- Good knowledge in electric vehicles and energy systems
- Minimum 2 years of experience in European projects
- Programming skills in python
- An academic PhD degree in life cycle assessment or computer sciences is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work both in a team and independently while carrying out complex tasks
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Competitive salary
- Hospitalization cover
- Free use of public transport for travel to and from work
- Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus
- Young, international and challenging work environment at the cutting edge of innovative research
How to apply?
Deadline for application: Applications will be accepted until a final candidate is identified. Please note that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please send the following documents to: Ashleigh.Hruz@vub.be
- A brief CV
- A concise statement of the reason for applying
- Copy of the highest diploma
The position is in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The candidate will work in the research group MOBI (Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology Research Centre) situated at the Brussels Humanities, Sciences & Engineering Campus.