The position is in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The candidate will work in the research group MOBI (Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology Research Centre). MOBI is a leader in electromobility research and socio-economic evaluations for sustainable mobility and logistics. It has an international and multidisciplinary team of 100 specialists. MOBI currently participates in 27 running EU projects and had 49 industrial research contracts over the past 5 years.
MOBI is looking to hire a technical project manager to coordinate research activities in the field of energy storage and energy management in H2020 projects.
- Monitoring and ensuring the quality of the project outputs
- Performing as a technical manager of the activities within projects
- Ensuring alignment between administrative, legal and technical aspects
- Meeting expectations and KPI’s set by the European Commission
- A PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Good knowledge of energy storage and energy management
- Minimum 2 years of experience in European projects
- Good knowledge of the H2020 program and EGVIA
- Excellent communication skills in English (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work both in a team and independently while carrying out complex tasks
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Competitive salary based on the pay scales laid down by the government
- Hospitalization cover
- Free use of public transport for travel to and from work
- Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus
Deadline for application: 1 December 2020
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply?
Send an email with the subject "Application BIC001" and the following documents as PDF attachments to Ashleigh.Hruz@vub.be.
- A brief CV
- A concise cover letter
- Copy of PhD diploma